Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hero remover pre-battle script

For the game i'm working on I have it so there are two people in the party, the protanganist and his/her monster ally. What I'm looking for is a script or way to remove the protaganist before the battle and add them back in at the end. this way the only person fighting is the "ally" any ideas on how to do this? thanks in advanced.

Are you using random battles?

If not, you can simply remove the actor using "Change Party Member" before battle.
To add them back after battle, remove the Ally, then add them back in order (Hero, Ally)
Make sure you UNCHECK "Initialize" when adding them back.

Ruby:
class Scene_Battle

alias_method :main_remove_actor_before_start, :main

def main

id = 1

$game_party.remove_actor(id)

main_remove_actor_before_start

$game_party.add_actor

end

end

Even if Brewmeister's way works for your game, a small script like this is much easier :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.