Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help with Battle System

Sero

I'm using Minkoff's side view battle system. The problem is, the character's heath does not go down. Well, it does but it doesnt record it on the hp bar. Say im fighting a ghost and it hits me. I lose health but the hp bar doesnt go down.What is the problem?

yeah, as long as you wait like 3 days before bumping, it's ok. bring it back up and hope someone who knows how to help you looks. unfortunately, I've never used Minkoff's SBS or health bars at all in a battle system.

here's a couple questions that might help find the problem, though:

1. did you modify any of the code in any way,or are you using it as-is?
2. was there a demo provided with the script and if so, do the HP bars go down fine in the demo?

Sero

I never tried the demo. Well i did. The first time. It worked fine. But i got my pc wiped and all my projects-deleted. I redownloaded the battle system and the hp bars didnt go down. I didnt modify anything.I never tried the demo after my pc got wiped.

Atoa

It never updates?
So i guess the problem is with the window battlestatus code.

I suggest you trying to find another Minkoff SBS since there's a lot of them out there

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.