Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help on intergrating two scripts

I have no scripting ability what so ever, so your help is greatly appreciated.

I am combing two scripts;

Raziel?s ChronoTrigger CMS
Fomar0153?s Large Party Add-On

My Problem:

When I merge the two scripts together and run the game I get the following error:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/mjb_trains/error.jpg[/IMG]

All scripts have been placed above Main and all icons and picture were properly imported. The two scripts worked fine on there own.

Thanks,
Trains

Problem is two-fold.

First, the system that loads the heroes does so by a simple if then system that does not cycle through $game_party.actors.size... It loads actor 1... actor 2... actor 3... and actor 4.

I notified Raz about a simple fix for that (which would eliminate that error).

But the second problem is how to 'scroll' through actors when the number of members is higher than 4. I haven't a clue on that one.

Raziel said that this one was coded rather 'loosely' though ya gotta admit... it looks sweet. :thumb: He said he'd look into the code I gave him...
Code:
    for i in 0..$game_party.actors.size
      unless $game_party.actors[i] == nil
        @skill_actor_window2[i] = Window_SkillActor2.new($game_party.actors[i])
        @skill_window[i] = Window_Skill.new($game_party.actors[i])
      end
    end
...and may rework it later. He just doesn't have the time right now. I understand THAT whole-heartedly.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.