Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HELP! Game Maker 8 BUG!!

Hi! I am sorry for posting here about Game Maker once again, but I think you all agree that Game Maker has a lot of small small bugs (yeah even GM8)

Anyways, I made an enemy OBJECT in game maker 8 with a horizontal path. I set event: CREATE=Set Path: Speed 5.

The game works fine. But after the OBJECT have walked it's path about 3 times it lags and keeps hacking in the corner...Its not moving in its path anymore but it's bogged down.

Look on this vid for more info (sorry for the high speed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrFqVzZb3cw

Is this a BUG or is it I who have done something wrong? Actually the path can't be wrong and
neither of the objects WALL or ENEMY are solid! Plz help!

Thanks in advice

Ok I'm uploading straight away! I'll upload the GM file (ofc not exe xD) so you can fix it

Thanks a lot, and I feel stupid that I cant fix this small things...but anyway hehe I'll be giving you a demo soon!

EDIT: Here the file is: (Its called 1 life) :

http://www.2shared.com/file/KNL8pTLt/1life.html?

I would be grateful if you fixed this, since this is just a hobbying game, I might not release it, I am working on it only when having free time, so therefore I hope not to encounter any other strange bugs. Thanks in advice!

This should get rid of your problem. :)

Just make sure to change that speed, and if you had more than two points, you need to get rid of them and only have 2.
15f2m9k.jpg

I don't think I understood a word you just typed...do you see the screenshot? Look where it has the cursor at "sp: 80." That is what I am talking about...it didn't say what sp stood for, so I assumed it was speed for the path. You need to change that variable to stop him from spazzing out.

I missunderstood your first comment, but nevermind, I've fixed it. I somehow had 3 points (but just two, I dont understand how) but the sp 80 thing on both helped me. thanks a lot

hate those GM bugs sooo much-.-

anyway I'll be back if I'm having any more trouble! thanks

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.