Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help editing a simple script...

Hey, this poster nammed el felixio posted not a script, but he told us how to edit one of the original script to display the actor battlers on the left side of the screen instead of being on the bottom, like in Final Fantasy. Only problem is, not sure which script it was... one of the battle ones?

Anyway, the was it was displayed was ugly... like this:

-o
--o
--o
---o

And I don't really like it..., I want it more like this:

-o
--o
---o
----o

I just need to know where in the script I could edit the X and Y positions of the party actors. Also, the earlier party members overlap each other. Like, the first one overlaps the second, the second overlaps the third, and the third overlaps the fourth. Looks very unnatural, as it should be the other way around. If I change the Z's (Example, Actor1.Z = 100, Actor2.Z = 90, etc...) would it work? Or do I have to do something else?

Hey, Fomar! I'm using your Random Battle Music script! ^.^

Anyway, I just realized that the positions of the characters work (One of the characters were large in width) so now I just need to get rid of the overlapping.

Also, forsome reason, when I use Vash's Tales of Symphonia save system, I can't save. Any reason why?

Also, forsome reason, when I use Vash's Tales of Symphonia save system, I can't save. Any reason why?
None, I've never seen the script (as in looked at the code), you could check and see if anyone one else had the same problem in it's thread though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.