Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HELP! Battle System!!!

Helios

FOR THE SAKE OF MY GAME, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

I can't seem to get these scripts right... So I came here...

Here's what I want for my battle system. I saw that someone was trying to do something similar to what I wana do, So I used part of there  intro on the subject.  All credit for design goes to 'chains of fate':

battlemockup3uy2.png

OK, so basically the battle system will be active time. Each party member has a bar that fills based on their speed. (The "---" parts is where a bar should go) When their bar fills, 4 commands appear around their head. The player can choose Attack by pressing up, Tech by pressing right, Combo by pressing down, and Item by pressing left. By pressing a certain button and holding it, the player will be able to escape. The top bar is a help bar. It tells you what Techs do when selected in the menu, what items do when selected in the menu, and displays tech and magic names when they're cast.

Enemies will be able to attack you while you're choosing commands. If more than one party member has a full bar, then you can toggle between them by pressing L and R.

Attack and Item are self-explanatory. Tech allows you to use special moves and magic. Combo of course allows you to do double and group techs as seen in Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story.

NOTE: The System is almost identical EXCEPT  the script I want is for XP *BUT, I REALLY PERFER XP, COnsidering that is the program I am using now. I will be switching over to VX for my THIRD game* AND VX...

Any questions???

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. TY FOR YOUR TIME!!!

Atoa

With my ACBS you can do this, except by the command window, that would need some small edits.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62914

The ACBS is an animated battle, with lots of add-ons, between them an ATB system, skill combination system, and an Individual battle commands which would allow you to separate "techs" and "combos".

Also it has an add on that allows a high level of customization in the battle status window.

Basically you can do almost everything you want by yourself using my script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.