Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guitar Hero System

Basically, I need a scripted Guitar Hero system.  Hopefully, you scripters out there know exactly what Guitar Hero is and can do this in a cinch.  If not, here's some context.

http://i2.tinypic.com/6u7g35w.jpg[/img]

If you can see the letters in the red boxes, here is what they are:

A. Rock Meter
This meter shows how much rockin your doin', to say it in Guitar Hero terms.  When you nail consecutive notes for long enough, the meter changes to green, thus showing you that you are really kickin butt.  If you continue to miss notes, it changes to red, and shows that you are about to lose and get boo'd off the stage.  Getting an average amount of notes and misses keeps it in the yellow area, showing that you are doing average.

If the meter falls far enough into red, it will flash, showing you that your time is almost up.

B. Points, Note Streak, Star Power, Point Multiplier

This little window displays a lot of helpful information.  The rising number counter (in the picture it says 42767), is the player's score.  Each note nailed gives the player 50 points, not counting the multiplier.  Shredding a long note gives you a constantly rising score by 10 until the long note ends, then your score stops rising.
The rising counter with the Quarter (i think) Note by it is the consectutive note streak.  Each time you hit a note, it rises, showing you how many notes in a row you've hit.  When you hit a number divisible by 50, you'll get a message saying "X Note Streak!", which is displayed at "E", which I'll explain later.
The glowing yellow icons sticking out of the window shows your star power.  Nailing consectuive notes increases this.  When it is half full, you are able to access Star Mode, where all notes change to a light blue and your multiplier doubles.
The "x4" in the window shows the multiplier.  Hitting 10 consecutive notes rises the multiplier, and each notes score is multiplied by the multiplier.  For instance, hitting a normal 50-point would be multiplied to 200 points with the x4 multiplier currently displayed.

C. Current Notes
In Guitar Hero, notes on the bridge of the guitar scroll downward.  When they reach the icons at the bottom of the screen, pressing that colored button and pulling the strum bar up or down activates that note, continues the current song, and wracks you up some point.  Missing the note will drop your multiplier back to x1, your rock meter drops, and your consecutive note streak goes back to 0.  For this script, it could be much simpler.  For instance, the following controls could be implemented:

A-green note
S-red note
d-yellow note
f-blue note
g-orange note

Pressing that key when the corresponding colored note slides into the icon will score the points, continue the song, etc.

D. Incoming Notes

These notes scroll from beyond toward the player.  They must be small and then begin to increase in size, in order to implement the *coming toward the player* feature.  That, of course, can be done with graphics, but it wouldn't be as smooth.  Hopefully, scripting tools can implement a smooth enough frame rate to make the game seem at least a little realistic to the original Guitar Heros.

E. Message
A message is displayed whenever Star Power becomes available, whenever you reach 50, 100, 150, or so on note streaks, and before the song starts, showing the name of the song, the year, and who sings the song.  It is usually showed in the Guitar Hero font, and the closest font to such font is:
http://www.1001freefonts.com/gargoyles.htm

Other Important Things
Other important things to make note: (no pun intended)

The notes played on the bridge of the guitar make the song continue, so when a player misses that note, the song needs to stop.  Picking it back up again makes the song continue, but back where the song would be if the player HAD got the note.  The song doesn't start up agian from where the player messed up, but where the song (time-wise) would be played.

Example:
Player 1 misses a note at the following time in a song:  1:34

A few seconds later, he picks it up again, and the song starts up here: 1:38

Also...

For graphics and images, I have none as of now.  For now, if you could please make it easy enough to follow in the script so the images are easy to change?  For now, you could make the scrolling note circles as simple little paint-ed circles, if that's not too much trouble.

I would be willing to provide any of the services I am available to do in payment for making such a script.  If you require payment (not money-wise, sorry), just send me a PM with WHATEVER you would like, and I'll do everything in my power to repay you.

If you have any questions about this script request, feel free to shoot me a PM, or simply post a reply in this thread.

Please take all the time you need to complete this script.  I will bump this thread as often as the rules allow me to, so any scripters hoping on doing this request for me do not forget.

Thanks,
Xephyr.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dVUgd8ot6BE

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.