Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

goodbye rp forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're deleting this shit in a few days since nobody uses it. a few active good topics will be moved to writing (namely the sandfall rp and that other one). everything else is just going to be wiped. we're giving you warning here to save anything you want.

also suggest good topics worth saving and moving because i don't feel like combing through shit.

moog

Sponsor

There are only like three good active ones, or am I wrong?

Either way, this is a great choice. After reading threads like Mafia and Random Battle Id wish this place had been archived a while ago.

Spoo

Sponsor

Wait a second...Mafia was crap, but Pokemon PC, Victory Road, Penumbra Cielo, and Sandfall were all pretty good.  I think it should be like NFG, with an exile system and whatnot.

Akinari":2inpq2ay said:
Wait a second...Mafia was crap, but Pokemon PC, Victory Road, Penumbra Cielo, and Sandfall were all pretty good.  I think it should be like NFG, with an exile system and whatnot.

not worth it for the lvel of activity here. those good RPs would be moved to the main writing forum and would use an RPG tag.

Akinari":d790ngm8 said:
What's wrong with Mafia? It is, technically, an active board, so I don't really see anything wrong with it. :/

mafia is locked. that's reason enough.

I personally want to bump up the trainerific RP and try to reanimate it, but whatever. The only things worth keeping around are Penumbra and Sandfall and maybe Victory road if it gets bumped up.

Tame

I'll be sorry to see this forum go, but as long as Penumbra Cielo isn't deleted, I don't mind too much. What'll happen if someone wants to start a new RPG? They do it in the Writing section?

Spoo

Sponsor

Well, I still have an empty SMF forum for Roleplaying that never caught on.  I'll post the link if anybody wants in on it.

[quote author=King Red Of
Pancakes link=topic=50884.msg483313#msg483313 date=1215316779]
Akinari":36hk9kfx said:
What's wrong with Mafia? It is, technically, an active board, so I don't really see anything wrong with it. :/
[/quote]

What's wrong is that it wasn't a roleplay at all.  More like a forum game just asking for one-liners and spam.

If someone wants to make a new RP, just use the [RPG] label on it and throw it in the Writing forum. But put a lot of thought into it before doing so.

I didn't even know we had an RP forum :eek:

Oh well. Goodbye faithful forum of post-ness, we'll miss ya.

(That's 1% of the posts of RMXP.org ye'r deleting btw...)

Wumpi":16x1nxjv said:
Mafia was a bunch of people not reading the rules.
  I'm afraid I'll have to disagree there. It might not be in the traditional style of RP, but I don't think that made it spam that belonged in Forum Games, or that it makes everyone there ignorant members who don't really read the rules. But since my thoughts on things don't appear to make a difference here anyway, I'll just stop here.
(Btw, I have read the rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.