Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

goldensun-like script needed - simple

Hello peeps. I need a script that's not that hard, I think. On the other hand, I suck as a scripter, so here it is:
It's supposed to be for "Shadow Vision", a glimpse into the shadows world.
Let me explain:
There was something similar in golden sun.

-My dark sage character is in the party.
-I press a button, let's say C.
-The screen flashes black for a moment, and a SE is played.
-A switch, let's call it "shadow", is turned ON.
-The screen is all black - white - grey tinted.

Now that I'm performig "shadow vision", I can interact with events only seen when the "shadow" switch is on.
If possible, it would be nice to mark such events with an (s) in their name and et the script auto-detect them, but this is somewhat harder, I guess.

-When I'm done with it, I press C again ("shadow" is ON), there is the telltale flash and sound, and everything's back to normal (and the switch turned OFF).

I don't know how hard this could be. I hope that someone takes up the request, cause it's surely a nice feature.
Thank you in advance,
-->Ravenith

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.