Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Golden Sun-esque out-of-battle skill use

I was wondering if anyone had made a script where certain skills could be used outside of battle. I mean more than just healing spells. In Golden Sun, you could use offensive skills outside of battle (elemental things like fire, ice, etc.); they were used for puzzles. They could be configured to a button, or something similar. However, I do not remember if they were skills that could be used in battle, as well.

Ah yes this would be really nice. You could just do it with events thought couldn't you? It wouldn't be that hard. The problem would be making it so you could use it from the menu, and it calls some common event or something, but making it so it just acts normally in battle. You COULD set up a key to make a menu appear that has your available spells that you can use outside of battle, and then just have an event for each spell (subtract the proper amount of MP, show a battle animation, and if you're standing on a correct spot and facing the right direction it will turn on a switch and affect something). I dunno, I'm just babbling as usual :P.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.