Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

General questions regarding the FFXII ADB script... [+ a MOD Request ;)]

(I have a couple of general questions, followed by a more specific request. :) I have searched the forums pretty widely with various terms before writing because I'm asking a lot of questions and don't want to suffer the embarassment of having the answers right under my nose all along. :blush: They probably are, but anyway... here it goes:)

ACTIVE DIMENSION BATTLING
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=33333.0
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=34885.0
Most modern one last[/]

General Questions
1.)  This script hasn't be updated in a long long time: does anyone know if the guy who was working with it (RTH) still is, or is someone working with it further?

2.)  If not, is anyone else willing to put in Gambits onto this one, even a very simplistic gambit system, because that's what this really, noticably lacks.

3.)  How compatible is this with other scripts, like Tricker's Skills, or the various status effects scripts? Particularly the character development scripts. Obviously I'm talking about the SDK ones here - are there huge foreseeable problems, or is it just small editing work?

4.)  Why, considering this exists, there are hundreds of ABSes out there, and various other things have been done, has there been barely a whift of a Chrono Trigger BS since those screenshots of questionable authenticity back on .Net?  :lol: I would have thought the community would have seen something like that long before something like this. This is more of an general interest question - I'm not a scripter so don't understand and it probably sounds a bit ruder than the rest of the topic. ;)

And to SephirothSpawn - you say in one of the above threads that you were thinking of making an FFXII starter kit. Is... er... is that still on the cards or in the pipeline? Because... you know... when I saw that my heart jumped considering it will a.) be a great script and b.) work. ;) And I've not seen you say anything about it that isn't dated later than 2007.

A MORE SPECIFIC REQUEST

Assuming that the answer to all of the above is negative, I was wondering if there was anyone around here who could make a couple of small modifications to this one for me.  :thumb:

1.) Is it possible to have four people, instead of three? Not like, "And today, Larsa joins the party", but in general?

2.) Turn off the fact that your allies

3.) A quick modification simplifying the player input, so that instead of scrabbling through various keys, once the player presses, say, the shift button, the menu is brought up and can then use the direction keys to move about the menu, rather than have them continue to move the character around. Additionally, during this time, can the menu work more like a traditional turn based battle in that it will cycle through characters when they are available to make their moves?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.