Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Gameover to Inn

Rappu

I know that two scripts already exist to do this, but I can't get them to work. The other complains about the Caterpillar script I'm using (I think... My script-related skills aren't very good) and the other hasn't been updated in ages. That, and I'm not sure how to make them work the way I need.

I'd need a script where the player can continue from the last inn they visited after being KO'd in a battle.
Specifically, the player continues from a room that connects to all inns in the world and possibly even has a different NPC depending on the inn.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w357 ... system.jpg[/img]
Player visits the inn. Some time after that, they die...

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w357 ... ystem2.jpg[/img]
...And reappear here! When they walk out of the door, they come back to the inn in the upper picture.

If the player loses a battle after visiting another inn, they reappear in the same room, and the door leads to the another inn.
I know that the door/NPC-thing can be evented - my problem is getting the KO->Special Room thing to work.

The script should be compatible with:
- eharper256's Dynamic Time System Version 5.1 (it comes with a bit of script)
- Ccoa's Weather Script and Tileset Swap
- Caterpillar script (I think it was Ccoa's)
- Circle of Light by SephirothSpawn (comes with DTS, I think)
- Dubealex' AMS

Also, clear, detailed instructions for installing and using the script would be really appreciated.  :smile:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.