Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Forced Skills ~ Tales series fans will understand! ><

I'm currently using the improved version of XRXS' full move battle. The "tales of improved battle" script.

You can find it here: Download

There's a problem...

In the system, there's not a single way of forcing your allies to use skills. Like say, your controlling the frontal warrior, and you need healing, but have no items. your basic instinct is to make the cleric heal him, the problem is that you have to switch the characters to dos o, in which time the warrior might die.

I want it like other tales games where you can open the menu, pick "skills", and choose which player's skills to use. So you can pick the clerics "first aid" right from the menu...

I'm sorry, after reading your ramblings, I'm not sure if I got this clear...

Basically, your characters can't use any skills whatsoever? Like either in battle or menu, you're not able to use skills? Or is it just a problem with the Force Action command using skills? I don't get wtf you're talking about dude.

Another note this probably belongs in the RGSS support forum, if you're referring to 'fixing' this bug in an XRXS script, because thats what it sounds like is a bug, rather than a script request. :tongue2:

Lol, no it's an actual addon...

And I know I didn't make it clear! ^^"

In BATTLE I can use my own skills, but when i open the battle menu, I want it to give me a choice between the skills of the current person I'm controlling, or one of my allies... And then from there I want to be able to force my ally to use a skill...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.