Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Footprints on snow and Sliding ice ?

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hello, I've noticed that people make maps using snow/ice tilesets (Such as myself), And I thought to myself, how could it be made more realistic ?

I've tried using events for these but had no luck as it doesn't go how I want it:

Footprints on snow (Terrain tag = x) -
I've seen this script before but sadly it didn't work for me, and I never figured it out, so I'm requesting for someone to create a new one, basically what I want is:

When your walking, footsteps will be behind you, and after x frames (You can choose), they will disappear.

Sliding ice (Terrain tag = x) -
This is like the Pokémon games with the sliding ice puzzles, I don't think I've seen a script for it, so am requesting it here, what I want is:

If you are stood on ice, and press a direction, you continue to slide that way until either stopped by an event, or another terrain tag, this could be useful for making those sorts of puzzles where you need to get from one place to another by sliding to rocks, and then to another one, etc.

Thankyou for anyone willing to take these requests :thumb:

Kraft

Sponsor

is this in rmvx or rmxp?

I am assuming it is RMXP because you are using terrain tags.

The sliding ice part is easily done with a common event and a variable.

Check this game file that I made a while back for the Game Academy.

Near then end, it has the ice sliding puzzle.

http://www.box.net/shared/5isbc41cxu

Look at the common events, and also at the events that are on the ice map to learn how to do it.

Hope that helps!

~Kraft

Jason

Awesome Bro

Okay Kraft, going to try it out now, and yeah I did mean RMXP, haha. I'll post what I think once I've tried it :thumb:

Edit---

Yes Kraft, this is EXACTLY how I wanted my ice to be like, thanks for posting that demo, and I now undertstand how to make it, never thought of that haha, thanks man :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.