Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fog underneath the player

Kaoii

This would be a great deal of help when used in combination with cosmetic fogs. One thing that is very annoying about cosmetic fogs is if you have a shadow and your character's head is in the tile of the shadow, the shadow will appear to be above your character.

Make sure you can set which fogs are to be under the character (like cosmetic shadow fogs) and which fogs are to be over the character (the default fogs). Also make sure the script is compatible with the multiple fogs per map script.

I appreciate everyone who replies to this thread or tries to do this.

Okay, first some gathering of knowledge... to set the fog 'underneath the player', the z-level or z-height must be lower than the player's. There's a line in Spriteset_Map that says the following:
Code:
@fog.z = 3000
I don't know if that's the default, but at least, that's my line. You can decrease that value to get it lower than the player's z-level.
For your multiple fog script I don't know about, you should also be able to find z-values. Just change each one individually. If there isn't such a thing, you may post the script in here and I'll give it a try...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.