Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fixed Equip in Terrain Tag [RESOLVED]

Hey,
I'd like to request a short little scriptlet. All it does is disallow the player to unequip an armor when he's standing in a terrain tag. So it would be something along the lines of:
Code:
if terrain tag == 2
 fix armor[ID38]
end

Thanks in advance. Credit shall be given.
Regimos

Code:
if $game_player.terrain_tag == 2
    $game_actors[actor_id].armor1_fix = true
end

You also have armor2_fix, armor3_fix, armor4_fix for the other armor slots.

Credit not necessary.

Be Well

With the above code, it won't remove the equipment fix when you leave the terrain.
Code:
$data_actors[id].armor1_fix = $game_player.terrain_tag == 2
That will let the equipment fix be removed when it comes time. :pred:

Well, I was thinking I could just throw the code into a common event script call. Originally I thought it would require a full script in the Script Editor section, but I guess Enterbrain went ahead and made a little shortcut for it.

Is that what it's meant for? A call script? Because I put it in a parallel common event, but I can still change helmets when I'm in terrain tag 2. Er... armor3_fix is helmets, right?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.