Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fire Emblem AMS (Details inside)

Okay, if you have played any of the GBA Fire Emblem games, then good, you probably should know what this is. Those who haven't, I'll give a skinny. The message system usually appears in support conversations, before and after the chapter (The game goes in a chapter system), and during the maps and such. The system itself has (Multiple) face graphics appearing at the bottom of the screen, then a speech bubble appears over their head as they talk, with the ability for these face graphics to move around and stuff. For those of you who didn't get this, do not fret, I have a video supplied to show you what it looks like: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hjLDFTCvxOU. Another link.

What features I would like the most:
  • The actual message system of course!
  • The ability to have multiple face graphics at the bottom of the screen and to ability to move them around and stuff. Now, I'm a bad scripter, so this suggestion might be null, but I hope it still helps anyway. I'm thinking of having these face graphics put in a folder somewhere (New one, old one, doesn't matter), and then to have them on the game, you launch them with the Call Script Command. The area where they are is also determined by the Call Script Command.
  • The ability with the text going through the message similar to the fact of RPG Maker 2000's text speed, going letter-by-letter. I also want a SE that is editable with it, and the face graphics having the ability for them to animate (Check out the video to see) so then it looks like they're speaking out the text the message puts out. Now, there should be a script that does letter-by-letter with an SE around, I think it might be by RPG Advocate or Slipknot. For the face graphics speaking part, I have another suggestion...I was thinking that maybe the script can follow a certain filename code and uses the stuff as frames. I'm thinking, like, the frames would be ___1.png, ___2.png, and ___3.png as an example. Another example forwarding this one would be that I have...Oh, how about person.png. His mouth moving frames and stuff will be person1.png, person2.png, and person3.png, if that works.
  • The ability to have either a Battle Background or the map as the background while the message system goes. That should be a little easier than the rest.
Features that I don't even care about that's in the video and the actual game and such:
  • Blinking. The face graphics blink when they're not speaking. That is optional, I don't need that.
  • The Speech Bubble itself. I understand if it's hard to implement this, so it can be removed. I don't mind if the regular WindowSkin is used as a Speech Bubble though. :D
Here's a mock-up of the system:http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/3269/mockuphv1.png. It's kind of spacious because I'm using Fire Emblem Graphics and the Battle BG of RPG Maker 2000 on a 640x480 canvas, but the point should be made.

If you're willing to make it, please reply so, and thank you very much. I'll credit you heavily if you make this script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.