Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy XIII's Scrapped Early Battle System

Note: This post is directly taken from my RPGMakerVX.net thread.

Hello HBGames.org Community,

As you assume I have request of battle system that was "originally" intended to be featured in Final Fantasy XIII with no name (but I call it "Points Synergy Battle").

The battle screen looks like this (CAUTION: Big Image Ahead!):
tgs-final-fantasy-xiii-3.jpg

Systems Explanation
  • Battles are conducted on battle screen (Tankentai, Melody, you get the picture, right?), and only one character can fight (eventually there can be a "Choose Character For The Fight" or something like this).
  • Lower left is ability lists, each with their own cost (MP to be used).
  • The "Information" logbox is called "INFO" or "HELP" and next to it is ability's description (even 'Attack", "Guard", and "Item" have ones, along with MP cost).
  • Each character starts with one ATB gauge segment and can have up to five of them (added via script call).
  • Stats: HP is placed in the same place like in the provided screenshot capable to store five digits (when HP is full it gets green color); MP is assigned to ATB, max is 9,999 (the most important thing is that charge time is never more than 10.00 seconds). AGI determines speed of charging the ATB - 99 AGI charges ATB bar fastest. (I'm thinking of [AGI/# of frames] algorithms or something like that.)
  • There is no additional popup like "NORMAL".
  • Name in the same position. Each character's name can be written in different font.
  • Area Of Effect spells are welcome.
I don't have any idea for a thingie from top right corner.
If something else will come on my mind I'll update the thread.

I'm looking forward for answers and support.

-=[Kaimi]=-

P.S.: Scripters, don't be afraid to cooperate with each other.
P.S. 2: I think this battle system slightly resembles the Dissidia's one.

It doesn't use paradigms, utilizes one playable person in battle (guest would also suffice), abilities can be chained... And this is for VX (I hope thread's icon is enough but saying it to make you sure). You could write some script and send me and I'd told you what could be added and chained. Is that okay?

Actually, I hadn't noticed the VX icon! It's kind of funny since I don't even have RMVX installed in my PC. >:3
Sorry! By the way, I finally finished and released that FFXII License Board script, but it's for RMXP.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.