Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy XII "Talk" system.

Hello there.
I am hoping someone here could help me out with this.

Basically, I would like a script that shows some sort of icon over a character who I can interact with, like in FFXII.
And when I approach the person, their name appears above them along with the interaction icon.

I hope this request is easy to understand, as I'm not too good with describing things well.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from someone soon.
:]

Couldnt that be done with some simple changing of the char sprite with events?
Maybe using the Cone of vision script that was on here not long ago. Just make it so that when the player is close enough the Event sprite changes to a one showing an icon above its head.

Mac

He could do that, but then again if it was done in a simple script rather then event coding; it would save alot of time for each event that needed it and severly reduce lag. As imagined there will be lots of NPCS and such to talk too.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Dude, thats easy... Get the script with the Enemy Encouters (I forgot who wrote it, but it's when you go into a certain area near a monster, it chases you and if it catches up, it goes into a battle)
And change it so when your in the area, the NPC Sprite changes to with a [!] over his/her head or something, and so that he/she doesnt run after you and start battle :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.