Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy Origins Easter Egg

Marcus

Sponsor

yes

they also added in a dumb dialog option in the FFIV remake where a little kid says "I like Ninjas; they're cool. And by cool I mean really cool and by really cool I mean totally sweet."

Yes, I remember that....

Marcus said:
yes

they also added in a dumb dialog option in the FFIV remake where a little kid says "I like Ninjas; they're cool. And by cool I mean really cool and by really cool I mean totally sweet."

Isn't that something off of that uber-n00b site "REAL Ultimate Power!" or w/e? I don't want to offend anybody but that kid needs his ass kicked....

Why? Because he chose to have a little fun and make a pointless, yet entertaining website? Maybe it should be YOU who deserves to get their ass kicked, for having a little fun and possibly making a pointless, yet also possibly entertaining alter-ego on the internet. Did you ever think about that? People that have their own views and beliefs should be allowed to express them. He obviously hasn't hurt anyone with his website, and if someone did get offended, they need to take a reality check. Anyways, which game is Origins?? And what system is it for?

Marcus

Sponsor

ccoa said:
This wasn't added, it was in the original...
I know, I was just pointing out an addition to another reference.

I don't want to offend anybody but that kid needs his ass kicked....
are you offended over a website that makes fun of ninjas? I thought it was pretty humerous (especially his book which I bought about 8 copies of). It was a just a joke; I can't believe people actually take it so seriously.

Link is the hero of the Legend of Zelda series. He is of the Hylian race which have pointed ears, resembling most depictions of elves in fantasy. The town that you see that grave in is known as Elfheim and it's full of elves. And if you need anymore connections then the LoZ series is made by Nintendo and the original FF was originally on the NES if I remember correctly, and so it was just a little tribute to them.

Fenrir said:
Link is the hero of the Legend of Zelda series. He is of the Hylian race which have pointed ears, resembling most depictions of elves in fantasy. The town that you see that grave in is known as Elfheim and it's full of elves. And if you need anymore connections then the LoZ series is made by Nintendo and the original FF was originally on the NES if I remember correctly, and so it was just a little tribute to them.
The NES version of the original FF said "Here lies Erdrick," Providing a reference to Dragon Quest's ancient hero (now known as Loto).

Meh, I never got very far with the original, and my NES has long been broken (both of them). Nevertheless, an easter egg is an easter egg and Link of LoZ is the subject of this one.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.