Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy 13 - No Way to Live [Remix]

This is Final Fantasy 13 - No Way to Live, a Remix produced in Propellerheads Record 1.5.

It uses some fake MIDI Guitars that I've spent 3 or 4 years developing. Well...it could have taken 1 year, if I studied distortion guitar properly, it's just I did it slowly and did it through trial and error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_aRz04iMoY

Thanks for listening.

Try using VST instead of MIDI. The sound quality is brutally horrible. Other than that, when you said remix, I imagined a different take on the same theme. You basically rewrote the entire song, even going as far as using the same instruments from the OST.

moog

Sponsor

the problem isnt midi its the fact that the sounds seem very unrealistic and only decently developed (the guitars). props to the creation of them, but I dont hear anything in this that would make me want to listen to this over the original. the suspended cymbal seems a bit much too. most of the sounds seem a bit cluttered and too reverbed. the volume is very well centered, which is nice. it doesnt sound too much like a "remix"

the sound quality isnt brutally horrible, btw, I dunno what youre talking about o.O VST's are more for a professional and more realistic sound; nothing wrong with midi :D

I actually don't like using the word Remix, since I just like composing original music. The whole middle part is original, since I just felt it should be a bit like...that, I guess I just added my own style into it. It's much more "straight" and simple than the original.

Well, VSTs are what I'm using, technically, since I'm using the NN-XT sampler with the Reason Combinators, while something like East West or Kontakt also uses sampling. It's all technically sampling, I guess, since MIDI just means "triggered notes". Reason - NN-XT Sampler, Kontakt - Kontakt 4.0 Sample Player, Fruity Loops - SF2 Sampler, and East West - Play Sampler. I just prefer using Reason since I've used it for such a long time, and I can create things very fast and use a low amount of cpu and space since I have an older laptop.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.