Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[FILLED] Just a little tiny script I need ^^

Hey ppl, how ya'll doing ? ^^

ok ok, as I got absolutely NO rgss knowledge I was just wondering if someone could make me a little script that shows hero's level at the upper-right side of the map screen, just that, only the hero's level, nothing more. ^^

Oh, and if possible, let the hero's lvl number be the number #1 variable value, that would be awesome! :D

like that : LEVEL X .........where X = variable #1 value

simple as that =)

thanks a lot !!

Code:
class Scene_Map
  alias leveldisplay_main main
  def main
    @level_display_window = Window_Base.new(480, 0, 160, 56)
    @level_display_window.contents = Bitmap.new(128, 24)
    @level_display_window.contents.draw_text(0, 0, 128, 24, "Level #{$game_party.actors[0].level}", 1)
    leveldisplay_main
    @level_display_window.dispose
  end
end

Just insert below Scene_Map

Change this line

@level_display_window.contents.draw_text(0, 0, 128, 24, "Level #{$game_party.actors[0].level}", 1)

to

@level_display_window.contents.draw_text(0, 0, 128, 24, "Level #{$game_variables[1]}", 1)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.