Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Filled] Drawing Face Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its probably really obvious, but I don't have a clue how to get faces to appear in the main menu, next to the names. I would also like them to appear them in the save boxes, but that's not essential.

Could anyone possibly help me please? I would be most grateful.

Well what you need it's a CMS, custom menu system... i have a menu like you ask, with facesets instead of characterset, though i don't have the other option u say and anyways it's quite particular.... try to modify your request and ask for a specific menu edit.

Code:
module RPG::Cache
  def self.face(filename, hue = 0)
    self.load_bitmap("Graphics/Faces/", filename, hue)
  end
end
class Window_Base < Window
  def draw_actor_face(actor, x, y)
    bitmap = RPG::Cache.face(actor.character_name)
    self.contents.blt(x, y, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, bitmap.height, bitmap.width))
  end
end

class Window_MenuStatus < Window_Selectable

alias raz_face_menu_refresh refresh

def refresh
    raz_face_menu_refresh
    for actor in $game_party.actors
      face_y = $game_party.actors.index(actor) * 120
      draw_actor_face(actor, 0, face_y) rescue Bitmap.new(32, 32)
    end
  end
end

Just create a folder in your Graphics folder and call it Faces. The facesets must have the same name as the charactersets name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.