Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFXII Esper System? Please...

There is a system on FFXII (Final Fantasy Twelve)...

It is a kind of summons system whereas you summon these beasts to fight for you. They stay until they are dismissed, Or they are killed, or the summoner is killed. When they are near the end of the time limit, or they are nearly dead. They will use a special skill. When they have used this. They will go...

(The Screenshot in the bottem is a screenshot of an espers final move...)

Could you also make sure that this script has a like universal font fix. (Cos' some amzing scripts won't work for some reason. I can't see the text. Yes my version is legal...) A bit like Blizzard's Soul Rage Script...

I know that lots of other people would like a summon script like this...

Please?

Thanks for listening and I eagerly await some kind of reply...

Amos36...

Thanks for actually speaking to a guy like me lol...

Anyways...

A. For some reason... I can't get the link to work... Maybe my internet isn't working well... It said something about the forum being destroyed...

B. I think that script was posted here... Esper and Junction system. But it isn't what I would like...

(I'll check again tommorrow when my internet isn't going to be radiating heat enough to burn toast...)

Actually, (having played the game myself, and understanding essentially what you want) you don't need this to be a script. You could set this up as a common event.

Just set it up so that if the Esper's HP falls to a certain level (defined in the script), it uses Skill A (which you would have to create, of course) and then dismisses itself. It would take a few variables/switches to get it working right fully, but I can't see needing a full script for this.

Scripts genrally run well... It would also be hard as I have got a system wheras Orbs change your charachter class...
So there would be a lot of variables and switches...

Please don't doublepost in future, i've reported it to be merged ^_^
And there usually are a lot of variables and switches in a script/event script. Hell, I made a day/Night system in RM2K3 that had something like 18 variables and 50 switches used!

gbdfac;190697 said:
Please don't doublepost in future, i've reported it to be merged ^_^
And there usually are a lot of variables and switches in a script/event script. Hell, I made a day/Night system in RM2K3 that had something like 18 variables and 50 switches used!

Sorry...

I have to agree with Shadriss. I've made a few games (never managed to complete any of them, though) that included this minus the final skill, and I only used common events. I'm also pretty sure you could make the final skill thing work with a common event too. Use "Force Action".

Could you explain the orb/changing class thing better though? I'm not sure I understand how you're worried about it messing up a common event.

The orbs are items that trigger a common event on the map which turns eg. Typhin (My main char of my game) into a goblin version of himself. So there will be well over 50 characters when the game is done!!!
(That would take a lot of time and I don't really have a clue where to start!)

Alright... I'll do it with common events... But one question...

When an esper dies, how do I make it so that my characters come back...
(I don't mean 'how do I get back my original chars', I mean, how do I make the dead guy go away?)

Oh! Bump...
Lol...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.