Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFXII DBS

Hoho! I think Trick will like this one!
And beforehand, don't even come to this topic saying this: "THIS SCRIPT HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE! USE THE SEARCH ENGINE, DON'T YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS?"
Cuz my answer will be like this: "I KNOW WHERE THE SEARCH ENGINE IS! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW! THE OLD FFXII DBS TOPIC IS DEAD AND HACKED!"

Probably, 95% of the RMXP users have heard or even played FFXII, it's battle system is unique(don't come saying it's the same as FFXI, FFXI's crap), it's like an ABS(Action Battle System), but it also have some ATBS(Active Time Battle System) characteristics, such as time for an action execution. Square-Enix has named it as DBS(Dimension Battle System).
I tried to edit Mr. Mo's ABS, but no success at all.
Here goes some useful links for the system:
DBS info
Game Mechanics
PS. I don't care with the gambit system, it can be easily done with events or scripts.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.