Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFTA Battle system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple battle system, screenies coming, anyone ever played should know what i'm talking about, but NOT Isometric.

Hate to burst your bubble, but making a tactics battle system is not simple. I think there has been a tactics battle system in the works for some time now and I'm pretty sure it's not perfected yet. (If it is, I haven't seen it yet)

the thing is fft is 3d. rmxp is 2d. even if you made all the rules you just cant perfectly replicate 3d in 2d. however if you made a tile set with diagonal tiles that are elevated and made charsets that move diagonally you can have a basic fix angled 3d effect. of course if I knew about scripting I would make a script to go along with graphics like that^^;; (i see a project coming up)

Mac

Their is an existant Tactical battle sytem by Squall aka Selwyn but its beta and it was only a tester to show off, but basically you wont find a fully functional one anytime soon.

Also i'd like to point out that FFTA isn't 3d it is 2d

Mac;127937 said:
Their is an existant Tactical battle sytem by Squall aka Selwyn but its beta and it was only a tester to show off, but basically you wont find a fully functional one anytime soon.

Also i'd like to point out that FFTA isn't 3d it is 2d

it has different angles if you remember the camera moves around when its different peoples turns meaning its either 3d or a really complex 2d with not only sprite directions but map directions. I would say its probally 3d though

Anonymous

If you want this script, you're just going to have to wait until Selwyn finishes. This is the sort of project that would take months, it's not something someone is going to do as a request on the spur of the moment. Not even our resident scripting masochists Trickster and SephirothSpawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.