Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT World Map Style Script

Well, anyone who has played Final Fantasy tactics would understand exactly what I'm talking about, but for those that haven't, I'll explain and go into a bit more detail.

FFT's World Map basically consisted of a pointer system (EX; use the mouse to move around, select points), and the only use of the pointer system was to select the location of where you wanted to go. Example; I'm at point A and I really want to get to point C. I'd click point see, and a little character icon would walk/move to point B (it's in between both A and C), and then finally to point C. Points were defined by exactly that, by little dots on the screen, layered over top a globe/map styled picture on the background displaying mountain range names, rivers, etc., etc., Everything else was handled by the up/down/left/right buttons as usual. The menu worked the same.

if anyone knows anyway I can go about achieving this type of effect, please, describe the process I would have to go through in order to achieve this. I'm not asking for a script that acts as everything of this, but a point in the right direction to anything that is helpful for this would be appreciated.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.