Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FF12 Gambit System

If none of this makes any since then please read here to get an Idea on what I am looking for:

http://www.finalfantasynetwork.com/games/final-fantasy-12/gambit-system.php

I would really like a gambit system like the one in ff12. i would like it if they players could add in like a Gambit system like in FF12 so that if using multiple characters they could know what skills and what not to use on there own. I would like them to have only 10 gambit slots each and a listing setup so i can assign any skill in the listing. If you have played Final Fantasy 12 you'd know what i'm looking for.

Also in doing this a catapillar code might want to be made to be compatible.

I can't get an image to show you...but i can explain my best of what it is...

It is basically a list of actions that the other players in your party can do. (Designed For A ABS, Say Like You Only Control The Main Characters Actions And The Others Are Like An NPC) An Gambit System gives you the option if you control a character or not and if set that you dont control the character the gambit system allows you to set a list of techniques that the character can use on there own. Each character has there own list of commands. Also to determine how often they use that technique there is a provided % that is used to average out the rate of use. And as well there is another part to it that you can set up to whom you can use the spell on, such as the using character directly, specific Character, or All Characters, also such as which enemy to use an attacking spell on like the nearest one of the furthest one, but i would recommend having it setup so i can edit that and add in the commands by myself because i know all the possibilities I want but the three categories for it should be; Whom the action is used on, percentage of use, and the technique.

P.S. I forgot to add this in but also the basic of things as well need to be added in as options such as normal attacking and the use of items, exc....

Alright, that looks much better. I'm sure if you wait a little while, you'll get some help. Also, guess what? I can't actually help you. Now I'm off! To inadvertidly get someone else's hopes up! *Whoosh*

i dont think that will work for the ABS that i'm using...I guess i'll talk to Blizzard and see if he can possible edit his battle system to integrate something like this, because it would be an awesome feature to have in it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.