Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[FEATURE] Participation Points: Leaderboards

There are now leaderboards for participation points; they can be accessed here: points.php

The top 20 in each are shown and linked.

There are two sets of leaderboards: total, on the right, and monthly, on the left. Monthly points will, obviously, be reset each month. We haven't decided what to do with them yet. The link will be added somewhere shortly.

For more information about participation points: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78006

This is a system unique to, and created for and by, HBGames.org.

Any questions, comments, or rants, go ahead.

As a side note, I'm not sure how the sql sorts if you're on 0 points, but man are there some lost names there. ;-; I shall edit it tomorrow to ignore people with 0 points.

Injury

Awesome Bro

possibly have the column arranged by points and activity so you don't have inactive people showing up vs active non-point related posters

It looks nice, even if there isn't a full purpose for them yet.
Might be handy contest material, i.e. handy for your Support price in the Feb. Contest

Just to explain a few oddities:

Q. Why do I get points for making a request for support?

A. As you only get points for detailed posts, you only get points for detailed support requests, such as in RPG Maker Support. A detailed support thread is a boost to the forum because:
1. It increases the chance of somebody reaching us via search engines
2. It vastly increases the chance your topic will be answered
3. It allows you to consider in-depth the request for yourself, making you more likely to reach the answer on your own.

Q. Why are the "points this month" lower than the total, given the system is new?

A. The points this month part was implemented later, and all variables set to 0. It will be reset monthly (probably) from now.

Q. Why don't I have a title?

A. The forum system only allows numeric default fields, thus until you "level up", you don't get a title. I am trying to solve this.

Q. What decides which 0 pointers get mentioned? How are they ordered?

A. I have literally no idea. I just selected ordered by points, and limited to 20. Who knows!

Q. Why do I get Project points for posting in Game Making Discussion?

A. It had to fit into one of the three, and Projects seemed to fit most. We tried to make all game-making forums give points, while the others generally don't, bar Artwork and Programming.

SUPER AWESOME PHASE 2 NOW LIVE

EXP bars, created by Perihelion :)

They should display alright. Currently having issues in Internet Explorer, I am not sure about other browsers.

The positioning is for a reason, don't worry.

Individual categories are viewable on your profile (these will be prettied up in time); your total displays as your "exp" and gives you a "level", this level being attached to a title.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.