Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Falling down in a hole script?

you know in pokemon, theres a hole and you go to it, and you fall down and land in a different area? or that gym in ecruteak where you land on the wrong tile and you fall from the ceiling and land back on the starting point there
well im using poccils script but i don't think he has that script in it, so can anyone tell me how to do that? or like give me the script lines so i could put it in the script

This isn't something you need a script for. Just create an event on the hole and set it to activate when the player touches it. Then use a transfer player command to transfer the player to the place they should be when they fall through that hole(so now whenever the player touches the hole they'll fall through it to the next floor).
Easy stuff ^_^

i know that but thats not what i really want
it doesnt make the effect of someone falling down from a hole
well look at this youtube video... at 2:05-2:19 maybe, the dude shoves the boulder down into the hole that it appears in the next map
and then the guy falls into a whole to get to the next map at 2:49, so im guessing that there must be a script for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GonpBIS-pE

ChA0tiX":1btoa4f8 said:
i know that but thats not what i really want
it doesnt make the effect of someone falling down from a hole
well look at this youtube video... at 2:05-2:19 maybe, the dude shoves the boulder down into the hole that it appears in the next map
and then the guy falls into a whole to get to the next map at 2:49, so im guessing that there must be a script for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GonpBIS-pE

Lol. Just make it so when his push it in a hole turn on a switch that makes an event at the bottom (The bottom map) and the switch turns on a page that makes it look like a rock. Easy. In fact this would be a lot harder to script then event, lol.

the thing is, you notice the guy falling through the hole, the video was fastforwarded but you could still notice the guy falling from the ceiling and not just appearing on a spot out of no where

PixeL

That doesn't mean it's a script.  They just created an image strip that has him falling down.  You can create it very easily in paint.  Just have like three images, and put the sprite at the top, then at the middle, and then at the bottom.  Animate them in RMXP, and you should catch my drift.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.