Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Faith in Feathers

b638WaM.png

Play as the Archangels assigned by the Omni-potent to save a dying soul and battle your way throughout the purgatory in this short dungeon crawler-based RPG.
(WARNING: Contains light-hearted religious themes..)

Q3fLXiR.png

Faith in Feathers is a short 1 hour to 1 and 30 minutes long RMXP game. I'm very happy to be able to complete and share this short game within a week and I had so much fun making it!! xD

V65FDPd.png

Follow the tale of the Archangels as they fight to answer the prayers of a faithful child named "David", who pleads on saving the life of his bedridden sister, suffering from Lung cancer.

Challenges await the Archangels, for, An imminent death is not going to be an easy enemy.

Will the child's faith and prayers take them far into the purgatory to save his dying sister's life?

Wander and battle your way into different kinds of dimensions found within the purgatory and challenge death itself as you try to change the fate of a dying youth.

oR6tQA7.png

VMAAzb7.png

Micheal
- Archangel Micheal, The sword and shield of God, The protector of his sons and daughters. Micheal found himself summoned before Archangel Haniel, Who brings with her an assignment from God, which seeks to conquer the cold embrace of death, trying to snatch the life of David's sister. Micheal gladly embarks on this task with full determination in answering the child's prayers.

zEzRrl3.png

Metatron
- Archangel Metatron, The Chancellor of heaven and Angel of Records. He was not necessarily summoned by Haniel in this task, But he joined Micheal out of his own accord, for, David's strong heart and faith in God intrigued the Archangel. Metatron is a deeply wise Archangel, but he choose to emulate the way modern humans standardize "Glamour" and then apply it to the way he speaks and the way he dresses.

0JhEl7N.png

Sandalphon
- Archangel Sandalphon, Master of Music and Angel of Prayer. She is one of the Archangels summoned by Haniel for the task. Sandalphon specializes in her heavenly voice, healing the wounded and saving lost souls from their misery. During their assignment, Sandalphon showed a deep attachment towards David's predicament.

GeH4pIf.png

Raziel
- Archangel Raziel, The Keeper of Secrets and Angel of Mysteries. He was also summoned by Haniel, for his esoteric knowledge was deemed necessary in unlocking the deepest part of the purgatory, the 3rd Dimension. Raziel seems to perceive infinite knowledge and wisdom as a complete tribute for your own heart's joy and happiness.

8J2lcJA.png

QlOOkYc.png

fCEQrlS.png

mHMRl4D.png

AnVCeBH.png

noNeJNT.png

POe5Zra.png

18r5VMM.png

QjyXxSv.png

3DrLAij.png

DccDtAT.png

XL2HNbl.png

Short Notice:
You can use the fountain at Heaven to fully recover your party! :)

Features:

- Fully features music from the very beautiful "RMN Music Pack"!
- Addicting and Fun Fast-paced RTAB battle system with an enjoyable camera-work!
- A fun-filled short that allows you to explore many different dimensions, each having their own unique challenges, monsters and bosses to overcome!
- Extremely fun and powerful characters to play as!
- Mind stimulating battles to enjoy and strategize!
- Dynamic and Challenging boss fights!
- It is short, fun and simple!

Credits:

Graphics

- Gozaru
- Sithjester
- Iceaxe
- Luthur, Fox5, Ccoa,
- Cyanyurikago

Music (The beautiful RMN Music Pack!)

Mc Tricky
- "Royalty of Sin"
- "Composed Malevolence"
- "Valiance"
Subaru
- "Resonance Hopes Ignited Wills"
Lana42
- "Hamlet"
Jude
- "Center of the Galaxy"
Xcalnarok
- "Peaceful Moment"
Happy
- "Mellow Darkness"
Snowy_Fox
- "Tranquil Town"
- "Caverns"
- "The Ritual"
Jasprelao
- "Poem for the different future"
- "Peaceful soul"
- "Circle of Light"
Gamesfreak13563
- "Desert Crossing"
Kunsel
- "Puzzles"
- "Run"
hyde9318
- "Cool Island Breeze"

Scripts:

- Cogwheel
- DerVVulfman
- Ccoa
- Fukuyama
- Near Fantastica

Special Thanks:

- Enterbrain

Further Notes:

This is officially my 3rd game in RPG makng!! And I'm very happy to be able to complete it within a week's time. Thank you God for all these fun possibilities and for all the people and their beautiful works involved in making this game possible! I sure hope that you all enjoy this game as I did making it!! :)

Last edited:
It was a nice short game.
I wish the playable characters had a more personal connection to the story. But that's difficult to do with angels. They're selfless, it's hard to give them motivations beyond their sacred duties. It makes them distant.

Hi coyotecraft! I'm very glad you liked and enjoyed the short game!! And thanks so much for playing! xDD

And yes, you're indeed right, Angels are naturally selfless and are bound to act on God's will (depending on their unique duties, of course) ! So you've made a very good point there, coyotecraft! :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.