Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

eZine Issue 1: Remake

I have been dithering over this for some time, since doing the 2007 retrospective issue actually. That is, whether remastering the original issues of RMXP.net the eZine would be worthwhile or even liked. I bit the bullet, and will take the flack.

I've edited Issue 1 of Lene's original issues, this one from 2005. I have cleaned up the graphics, got rid of any antialiasing, swapped images for higher resolutions, fixed kerning and replaced the title and headers with HBGames rather than RMXP. I have removed any dead links, and added links back to arpgmaker.com.

I have extended the article about the release of RPG Maker XP by drafting in the fluff from the XP release website from way back in '05.

Finally I have added a "demo disc" (or rather, linked to where to download a time-relevant game), for Phylomortis, the biggest RPG Maker XP game of the time.

0.png

I have kept the original issue online, which can be downloaded from here:

1671920429402.png

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Now when will we get the critically acclaimed and highly anticipated Issue 2: remake of the revenge: remastered || revengeance?

You can steal that joke if you like, I kinda stole it from someone else who also stole it and we have no idea who stole or said it first!

Some early work on Issue 2.

1672920664968.png

This was the original title, which felt a bit awkward and pasty, also very cluttered.

1672920688708.png

This was the contents page:

1672920707570.png

Every page in the magazine has this black-on-dark-purple look.

This is my redesign:

1672920740857.png

Majority of the mag will be off-black-on-white though.

jax

Near Fantastica's Magic should scrub up nicely but there are a lot of errors in it and a lot of unnecessary prose.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.