Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

EXTREMELY SIMPLE! Scanning System... 5 Minute Job...

Ok... So it's really simple... When you use Skill, eg. 22-Scan, it shows a little text box at the top, same size as the "Fight/Escape" command...

It needs to be so that the information is displayed go left...
Like those boards at various places... So if the text is too big, then it will move to the left and then repeat itself until you press 'C'...

The message should go...

"Name- Tree HP- 3763/11000 MP- 465/2350"

After that it will display a few comments, eg. "Weak to fire"... Which can be edited...

eg... (Am not a scripter and this will probably be complete rubbish...)

MON[1]- "A tree made of wood- Weak to fire..."
MON[2]- "It's Arhthur Yahtzee!!!"

The finished result...

"Name- Tree HP- 3763/11000 MP- 465/2350 A tree made from wood- Weak to fire..."

Very easy.

Trickster's STEAL script. Scan and mug are included. Please read 'all' the detailed instructions in his post. It's only available in DEMO format to tick off the families (aka illegal translation users... good ;) ).

I'm at work so I can't give full detailed description of script. Just 'Click' on the 'FORUM SCRIPT LISTINGS' pic in my sig (it's a link) and look for it in Battle System Add-Ons or in the Skill Related category (it's in both).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.