Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Event on Event trigger

Kraft

Sponsor

Okay, this script would aid me in making certain puzzles where the player has to push something like a box onto a switch.

As of now I have to use variables (about 4 of them) and about 6 switches to make an event that say opens a door when either the player or a a box is on a certain XY coordinate.

My request is somehow make that easier.

I was thinking that maybe there could be a way to check if an event is on top of another event.

So, here goes! The event needs 3 pages;
------------
Page 1 is nothing, it has everything that runs when the player (or box) is not standing on it (like a parallel process with a door shut)

Page 2, this page has a comment in it of the name of an event on the map, and will run it if that event is on top of this event, and will revert back to page 1 if the event moves off of it.

Page 3, this page has a comment of PLAYER and will run if the player is standing on top of it, and will revert back to page 1 if the player moves off of it.

Thanks!

~Kraft

Kraft

Sponsor

SephirothSpawn;246913 said:
Please don't let Bluescope see this thread...

Why?

I mean... I know I can do the alternative, but... well... it is time consuming and it is hard to get several on the same map... what with all the switches and variables...

Unless of course you mean you dont want him to see it because it asks for what I want about 3 times (which I am going to edit now, it was 1:30 AM when I wrote it)

Or maybe he has one already...

Whatever... ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.