Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[ES]Punk's WASD Movement

PK8

Happy Anniversary me!

WASD Movement
Version: 1

Introduction
Allows the player to navigate the map using WASD keys instead of using arrow keys.

Features
  • Disallows players navigating the map using arrowkeys. Without scripts!
  • Allows the players navigating the map using WASD keys. Without scripts!
Screenshots
Don't ask.

Demo
Check out the attachment below. The demo contains two mini games which you should find fun (I hope) and a nice map I worked on.
Download page on RMXP.org
Mirror 2

System
It's very easy to copy. Just multi copy both common events and paste them onto your project's common events. Easy. (Be sure to read the instructions and comments.)

Instructions
Copy and paste the common events on to your project. Be sure to create a new switch that will use the common events. I'm confident that implementing this event system into your game will be a cake walk.

FAQ
Go to the pushable object event, go to its move route command and check "Ignore if can't move." That should fix it.

Yes.

Compatibility
Most of my event systems which involves movement using arrow keys will most likely not be compatible with this system.

Credits and Thanks
Zeriab for creating his WASD movement, his system inspired me to go make my own.

Author's Notes
I think I began making this event system on July 29th and I actually fell asleep when I was making this and chatting on IRC. I finished it on the 30th but I wasn't ready to upload it yet and I kept test playing it and I just wouldn't stop. On the 31st, I fixed a few mistakes as well as added some mini games into the demo that you can enjoy as well as doing some mapping. Here's your demo!

In the future, I will start making WASD movement compatible event systems as well as event systems that uses arrowkeys.

Terms and Conditions
Credit goes to Punk. I think that you should credit Zeriab as well since he inspired me to make this but that's up to him.

Seeya!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.