Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Equipment Change = Battler Change

Alright, so I was trying to figure out how to make a small little script that basically told the game "If the hero equips Weapon A, then the hero's in-battle graphic would change to Battler A", and be able to do the same process for the rest of the weapons as well, and if there is no weapon equipped, it changes the battler again.

I attempted to do this with Common Events, but I couldn't get the event to activate only when the equipment was changing. Instead, I only managed to get it to activate itself over and over and over... We all know what such a thing would lead to.

So what I'm looking for is help in coming up with a script that will allow me to define the hero's battler based on what weapon is equipped. Many many thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.