Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Equip menu layout

To start off, I'm using Guillaume777's multi equip, and I have 14 equip slots.  Yep, it's a lot.  :P

What I'm looking for is an equip screen that fits the 14 slots not into one fat window on the left side of the screen, but divides the screen into thirds, with 7 of the slots in the leftmost window and 7 of the slots in the rightmost.  The middle window is for stats.  I don't mind if you have to make the two slot windows scroll.  To switch between the two slot windows, you'd just press left/right, however when you do so you should switch to the appropriate opposite window.  Like, if you were on the 5th slot of the left window, and you pressed right, it would flip over to the 5th slot on the right window, not the beginning or anywhere else.

If possible, I'd like it to still display icons, and when the equip slot is empty, display the equip slot's name in the empty spot.  So most equip screens have "Helm - (empty)" when empty, and "Helm - Felt Hat" when full, this one should have "Helm" when empty and "Felt Hat" when full.  The 'Helm' is not a header but actually what is displayed when the slot is empty, and it is replaced by the equip name and icon when the slot is full.  I don't care what you actually call the 14 slots - if you like call them  "equip 1" through "equip 14", I'll most likely edit the slot names as I go anyway.

Included is a basic design layout of what I'm looking for.

http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08020/example431.png[/img]

Yeah, that's a lot of room for stats - don't mind it, I've got something else planned for the space that is mostly unrelated to this script, so just put in stats and let me handle the rest.  ;D

Thanks in advance to whoever helps out!

Bumping.  I always have problems whenever my scripts require 2 or more windows to stay active while switching a cursor between them.  That's what all of my recent requests thus far have been.  :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.