Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Enemies level up with party for XP

Hi! I was just asking if anyone had a script for RPG Maker XP that would have a way to make enemies get stronger as you progress in the game or level up or whatever. I don't mean replacing enemies with new ones, I mean altering the stats of already existing enemies based on certain conditions. For example, the numbers used for enemy's stats in the database could be modified into percentages, that are amplified based on your party's stats, levels, or a variable perhaps. Or, maybe the enemy's stats are called from an Actor's data, and the level is based on your party's? I'm not sure how this would work, I'm not a scripter by any means.

I tried searching, but all I could really find was SephirothSpawn's Dynamic Enemies script, which unfortunately has a dead link. It sounds like what I want, but it's not available apparently.

Since that's not currently an option, I thought I'd ask if there are any other similar scripts available, or if anyone would be willing to make one.

Sorry if this isn't detailed enough, if it needs to be more detailed or whatever, I will try and make it better. Thanks in advance.

There is an old version of a script I wrote called "Enemy Auto Levels" or something of that nature floating around here. I used to have a more detailed, up-to-date version that was alot better than it but I honestly don't know where it could've gone :P

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=47352.0

"How does it work?", you ask. Well, basically enemies will be leveled up based on your active party's average level. With this particular script, I tend to set enemy stats lower in the Database, especially weak as hell enemies I try to water their stats down. One thing also to keep in mind about this script, which you might not like later on, when your actors have really really high level then stronger enemies will become near impossible to hit or do damage to, so you might want to be especially wary of setting enemy defense/agility lower than normal especially. Be sure to battletest enemies you'll be encountering when you're highly leveled, to ensure they're (at the least) damagable/hittable, if you think the player could reach a high level when encountering.

If you would like this script modified, or you want me to just re-write it from scratch, just PM me I don't watch requests topics :P

There's probably alot that could be improved with this script, so I'm open for suggestions!

Thanks! This will be perfect for what I had in mind. I read over that topic and someone (Aeiras) had an edit that seems to work great. It's easy to get around "invincible" enemies! Since you probably aren't reading this, I should probably stop...perhaps I'll send a PM as you suggested...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.