Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Enemies attack more than once per turn...

A simple edit to the normal system used in VX...
Mutli-Hitting Enemies

This should be simple, I hope. I'd like a script that allows enemies to attack more than once per turn, like in Dragon Quest.

Basically, it's like the normal system, except the enemy will do two or more actions on his turn. Not the same attack twice, but rather two different attacks depicted in the monster's Attack Pattern. It should only do the same attack twice if the game randomly chooses to do so. Like I said, those who have played Dragon Quest should know exactly what I'm talking about (Killer Machines in Dragon Quest V is a great example) and it would make it easier to understand. However, I can't think of any other way to explain this other than the monster being able to attack more than once on its turn.

I'd like script to be made so that I can choose which monsters can attack more than once and I'd like the option to choose how many attacks that monster can do in one turn. Thanks for reading and considering on doing my request if you choose not to.

Screen shots:
Here's a video of someone fighting a boss in Dragon Quest IV. On his very first attack he attacks twice in a row, and does that for most of the battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtB2Z_Qt6VU

None of my scripts should mess with this script because I don't have any scripts that changes the battle in anyway.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.