Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Enabling and disabling specific skill based on state.

Hello. I'd like a script that hides and disables skills of a certain element normally, then enables them when a specific state is inflicted on the character. I would also like it to be able to do the opposite with another specified element; Normally available, then hidden when a specific state is inflicted on the character using it.

Here's a little example.
When a character is normal, all skills with the Dragon element are disabled and hidden. Then the character uses a "Transformation" skill to inflict the Dragon state on himself. When the state is inflicted, skills with the Dragon element become enabled, and all skills with the Human element are disabled. Skills that are not of either element remain unchanged.

Also. This isn't quite as much of a necessity as the previous, though I'd still really appreciate it. I'd like for skills of several different elements to be disabled (preferably greyed out on the list instead of hidden) unless a variable unique to each of the said elements exceeds a certain amount (which will also be unique to each element).

And as I always say, could you please comment on it so I can make minor adjustments without any scripting knowledge if necessary?

Thanks for looking. And Thanks a lot to whoever can do this.

Hmm... I don't know if that will work. I skimmed through and from what I understand of the comments, that script affects ALL skills. I need something that enables some while disabling others and leaving a few unchanged when a state is inflicted, and also does the opposite.

I intend to use it with transformation skills. The way I plan to set them up is to activate a common event which changes the character graphic and inflicts a state which changes the characters stats (and if I can get this script, also changes their skills)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.