Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Edited Blizz ABS part 3 (the script has been uploaded now)

Blizz ABS Part 3
v.1.99
Description:
Edited Blizz ABS Part 3. Does so that instead of needing a sprite for every skill, you use one for every skill. And most people don't 30 different skill sprites, so I assume it's useful to some extend.

Instructions:
Just replace with Blizz_ABS Part 3 and it should be all Plug n' Play.

Script:
http://www.box.net/shared/71dclci2xg
It's in the form of a notepad document.

License:
By using this work you accept the terms of this license:

Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0)

You are free:
to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
Attribution.
You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
Noncommercial.
You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
Share alike.
If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

Credits: Blizzard

Do you really need to post all this for such a small modification?
You know, you can simply alias the 2 methods, modify them and reduce the script to like 10% (maybe less) of its original size.

DEMO

Sorry, not without Blizzard's permission.
Then do you have Blizzard's permission to post his script, modify it and redistribute the modified version?

The license allows you to do that as far as I can see. But I'm not that good at english, so if I have misunderstood something, I will remove it all immedietly (or ask a mod to delete the topic)

No, it's alright. The license clearly states that you can edit and redistribute the script. :)
I'm just not sure if it makes much sense since in Blizz-ABS you CAN use just one sprite for all skills. You just have to turn off the "Skill Sprites" option. o.o
Also, just like Dargor said, you could have aliased and only posted the important part of the edit (which should be like 1 or 2 methods) instead of the whole part 3.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.