Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Easy Fog for VX

Basically this is just really simple fog for XV Maps.

What it dose:

It simply turns your parallax and changes it's Z value so it's above your map.

How it works:

Simply turn on Switch 3 to turn it on and off.

How to set it up:

Simply make a parallax and set it's X and Y move if you want and then turn on Switch 3 and it will turn your Parallax into a fog. It's extremely easy to set up and only requires you to turn off and on a switch! :cheers:

Demo:

None. The script is Plug 'n Play!

Screen shots:

Uhhhh I don't think you need one...

Code:

class Spriteset_Map
alias necros_fog update_parallax
def update_parallax
necros_fog
if $game_switches[3] == true
@parallax.z = 3000
@parallax.opacity = 164
else
@parallax.z = -1
@parallax.opacity = 225
end
end
end

Thanks to SolstICE for reminding me to use alias. It reduced the script in size quite a bit and removed any compatibility issues.

I'll add more functions to this script as time gose on.

Ones I have working so far are...

-Glowing Fogs
-User easy to edit mid game fogs
-Multiple fogs (A bit buggy)
-Fogs AND a parallax at once

If there is anything else that you want me to add just post here! =D.

Mean1

Wow...I was lookingn for a way to do that a few months ago but gave up because no one knew how to do one. Thanks

uhh sure it wasn't that hard... If you need anything else just ask! ^_^

Sorry I havn't updated this. I've been away for multiple reasons. I'll be back to this soon.

The formatting is messed up due to the fact that you put it in a spoiler rather than code tags. If someone tried to insert it into their project, they'd probably get a syntax error.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.