Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[e-z] DBS edit

hey everyone I need an edit to the default battle system to make it look cool.

I might be using backlers (battlers from the back-view so they face the enemy), or maybe little tiny cropped faces, or maybe not even battlers at all. You can pick whatever you want, really.

That's it, that's all I want. No specifics or anything I'm not picky. Just some positioning edits so it looks a little different than the regular DBS, but functions in pretty much the same way.

Funny meeting you here...  :scruff:

Here are the 2 functions in Game_Actor that control the position of the battlers

Code:
class Game_Actor
  def screen_x
    # Return after calculating x-coordinate by order of members in party
    if self.index != nil
      return self.index * 160 + 80
    else
      return 0
    end
  end
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def screen_y
    return 464
  end
end

You can paste this in a script right above main if you don't want to edit Game_Actor directly.

The origin of each battler is in the center on the bottom.
If you want to raise them above the Status window, change screen_y to return 320.
If you want to change the positions in-game, then we'll have to add some logic.

If you want to mess with the x values, let me know & I'll help with the formula (if necessary)

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.