Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dunno if this is possible but a Skill Catalog

I dunno if this has been done before in a RPG, I just kinda came up with it. Anyways it's called a 'Skill Catalog' and what I want is to be able to call the menu through an item!

When the script menu is called you can choose a member in your party and it displays the Skill Catalog!

Basically, a Skill Catalog lets you choose which skills a character has equipped. It would be prefered if you could add Skills to the Catalog throgh a Call Script command.

Things I'll Need:
-Support for many characters, maybe a way to change to other character's "catalogs".
-A way to limit the amount of skills each character can have equipped, and able to change said number.
-A way (through Elements, preferably like giving a skill the element %hidden) to hide Skills so they don't show up in the Skill Catalog, but get added to Characters skill lists, but also dont count on the "Limit" of skills able to be equipped.

If you need me to explain it further, I can. I can't give you much, except credits in the project it is being used for, but it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.