Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Drunken Status

Hi guys, Im rather new to using RMXP, Ive had it on my comp for a while, but never really fooled around with it, even though I shelled out the money for the full version.

I want to include a system in my current game Im working on that allows a character to get drunk after drinking a certain amount of drinks. When the character is drunk, he/she will see things based on how drunk they are, like screen flashing, people transform into monsters, etc. for a certain amount of time until the stupor wears off.

My request is a script that allows me to do this in my game. If it helps, there will be a maximum of four characters in my party at one time, I have a CMS that allows you to change the party leader, and Im planning on using the Caterpillar script when I can find it.

Coul anyone help me please?

McP

Well, I think you don't need a script for everything.. I think what you want can be done with Events.
Create a common event that is triggered when, let's say "Drunken"- switch is turned on. Then add effects like screen color changing or whatever you want.

I don't know how you want to make the player able to drink, but let's say you give him the bottles into the inventory, make the drinks trigger another common event that raises a variable by 1 and checks if this variable reaches a certain amount. When that amount is reached, the drunken switch is turned on and the drunken status is activated.
Make sure that after the player gets sober again the switch is turned off and the variable is set back to 0. Maybe you want to add some effects that take place when the player has been drunk too often.

umm this is difficult to explain..especially since i am german...i hope you understood some parts of it^^

Well, I thought of using events at firs too. But the way I want it to work, is based on each characters strength, so they have a sort of tolerance. So as their strength goes up, its harder for them to get drunk, and so on. It was already going to be based on the cunsumption of alcoholic beverage items bought at taverns, but I do events for it, then if the player gets drunk on another map, wont I have to make events for each map and so on and so forth? I thought that maybe if I had a script made for it, that it would run in the background or something....

I dunno, Im a total noob at this kind of stuff. ':|

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.