Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dragon Warrior Monsters scripts

right, this is going to be quite a few requests in one so i'm going to order them in priority order (i'll talk about them as if no one knows dragon warrior monsters)

ok.. #1: i would like a monster party system (sort of like pok?mon) where the main character is just a sprite and nothing else and the monsters that you have in your team are displayed in the menu (menu system is #2 on my requests) (well in DWM there is a sprite for every monster and those sprites follow your main character (can only have 3 monsters in your party) but i decided not to have that (for now) because i would have to make a sprite for every monster(over 200 different monsters.)) I need advice on where to put the monsters in the database was thinking of putting them in actors because you can capture(tame) monsters that you fight. I'm still inexperienced at scripting but i'm guessing that i can list them all in a script?

#2 The menu system (would be easier if i was allowed to post screens from an emulator but i guess i'll have to draw rough images)
Heres what i want it to look like:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/marblelight/MenuSystem.jpg[/IMG]
Journal is the same as save

When you press Info it goes to a screen like this:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/marblelight/untitled4.jpg[/IMG]
The names on the side are the monsters in your party
you can just leave the "item" "Skill" and "journal" as defaults or you can be creative
EDIT: Don't worry about the menu system i've almost managed to do it myself

#3 The breeding system: now this is where you have 2 monsters
of diferent genders that are above level 10 and you breed them together and they produce an egg and you have to pay 100g to hatch the egg and the monster is lvl 1 when it is born and given a random gender. calling it at an event(like a shop) (need to make a breeding list of what monster goes together to make each monster based on the list found here)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.