Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dragon Quest VIII-like Skill Point System

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm requesting is a skill point system similar to Dragon Quest VIII. Now, for those who are not familiar with this system, I will explain.

Each character has a number of attributes, such as 'Axe' or 'Sword. For this system, the default should be 5.

Now, whenever a character gains a level, that character obtains a number of individual 'Skill Points'. With this scene, you can distribute these skill points to any of that characters attribute. I'd also need to know the script command for adding skill points to a character outside of battle (like 'add.skillpoints = {1 - 5}, or something (1 being the actor ID, 5 being the number of points) )

Then, with this script, when that attribute reaches a certain number that character will obtain a skill.

With this script, the creator would need to be able to customize:

1. Character attributes
2. How many points are gained at each level (A default amount of points and/or an amount of points for individual levels)
3. Maximum Amount of points an attribute can have

Now, for things like passive skills, that can be done with other scripts. I just need this script to do the above things. I just request the following:

1. Non SDK or doesn't require SDK
2. Try to avoid compatibility issues.

Here is a mockup of how it should look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/ ... icjjup.png[/IMG]

The Red Text should only display when you have skill points. It should not display once you have the maximum amount of skill points.

A bump in what I expect to be a long line of bumps.

I also forgot to mention, that if an actor is removed from the party and later added (Initialize is not checked), they still retain their skill points.

Please help him it's a cool feature and it can be edited from level up with points script.

Those are sort of stats that when you have enough of these types it increases the goodnes(i don't know if it's a word :P) with that weapon or can learn skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.