Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Dragon Fantasy II

Dragon Fantasy II

Game Link:
http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/430/

The Main Story:
It has been 100 years since the end of the first Dragon Fantasy. Veryl has been destroyed and the planet's original power has been restored. However, even the Crystal's could not destroy the power of the Dark Lord comletely. Instead, they destroyed the castle's outer shell and contained the vast power of Venaitura within a sphere of light.

But now...the skies once again are covered with a vast and expansive wave of darkness. The temple where the orb was contained had been breached and the power of Venaitura stolen! Using it's power, a fiend by the name of Emperor Xyan has opened a gateway to the Dark World and has called forth a plethora of demons to do his bidding.

You are the Hero's decendant. Having the blood of the legendary Hero who had defeated Veryl, the King of Zebon calls you and your allies to his chamber. He tells you of your duty, and thus you must embark on an epic quest in order to save your homelands from destruction once again!

Character Classes:

-Unlike in the first Dragon Fantasy where you had a pre-set party with specific classes, you are free to choose whomever you want your party to consist of from the beginning in this second installment. Your main character is ALWAYS the Hero class, but you may chose his/her gender and three other companions and their classes.-

The Hero
Info: The class that your main character is set as. He/she is named by you, and is also given a gender by you. The Hero is pretty well-rounded, and is able to cast a nice variety of Healing Spells, Damaging Spells, and Status Spells. His/Her stats are pretty even, and he/she does not fall short on many things.

The Knight
Bearing a strong ATK and DEF, the knight is the basic damage dealer. He can cast no magic, and has no MP, but he can dish out the damage against enemies using his physical attacks. They bear high HP, but low INT.

The Mage
A class based soley around Black--or damaging--magics. They learn the greatest ammount of Black Magic spells, and have
a high MP count. They have a low DEF and ATK count, but make up for it in AGL and INT.

The Priest
The Priest is a class based around the art of White Magic; Magic which focuses on healing the wounded and curing the ill. They receive the greatest ammount of White Magic spells, and are also one of the fastest mages. They have a high MP, INT, and AGL count, but lack HP and DEF. A must have for any adventurer.

The Inflicter
Revolving mainly around inflicting hindering status-effects against the enemy, the Inflicter has no real abilities which directly
inflict any sort of damage. However, they have great AGL and MP, and learn boosting type spells earlier than any other class.

The Sage
Having access to both White and Black Magic spells, and bearing the highest INT count of all the mages, the Sage is a fairly diverse maigc user. However, it lacks a majority of the higher level spells from both areas, thus it must fall back on weaker spells as it makes progress. The sage has the highest INT and MP count, but lacks HP, AGL and DEF.

The Dark Knight
A fusion of both the Knight and Mage classes. The Dark Knight has access to a limited number of Black Magic spells, but has a great ATK and DEF count. It is also one of the two fastest mage-type classes.

The Holy Knight
A fusion of both the Knight and Priest classes. The HolyKnight has access to a limited number of White Magic spells, but has a great ATK and DEF count. It is also one of the two fastest mage-type classes.

The Berserker
A purely physcial-based class that has no mind of it's own. Bearing the absolute highest ATK count of all classes, the Berserker can break down some enemies in one fell swoop. They also bear a high HP count, but lack in DEF and AGL.

Screen Shots:

darkworlddungeonpk7.png

caves3sk5.png

dungeonwalkss8.png

caves2pp4.png

Battle%202.PNG

Dragon Fantasy II Game Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UN376IZL

-A hint: The Tomb of Bigsby opens/appears to the far West on the Dark World map after completing the game once.

-You can fight the final boss up to three times. Each time you go and fight it, it will gain more power than before, and thus provide more of a challenge.

Oh! And I decided to do a Youtube playthrough of the game. You can find it on my channel. Here, I'll provide a link for those of you who may be interested in such things, or even if you just want to get a basic jist of what the game is like. I must make a note, though, that I changed the music to .WAV files for this game. Since I did it, the game is 800+ MBs, so uploading it is out of the question.

Youtube: Dragon Fantasy II Playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot! Thank you for the response! I have not been around here for quite a while. I forgot, actually! So i have to apologize about that. But it doesn't look like it gathered much attention, anyway! Hya ha ha. Not many people are in to the NES look, I suppose.

Hrm? Whou should've downloaded RM2K? Me or...someoen else? Hya ha. Anyway, I'm glad to know that you'll make an attempt to try it out in the future. Er, well...I hope, anyway! Hya ha ha.

Just get back to me when you're done!

I've got to say, though...adding a poll was not the best of choices. People are rating it a 1 without even telling me why or leaving a single comment.

Oh! And I decided to do a Youtube playthrough of the game. You can find it on my channel. Here, I'll provide a link for those of you who may be interested in such things, or even if you just want to get a basic jist of what the game is like. I must make a note, though, that I changed the music to .WAV files for this game. Since I did it, the game is 800+ MBs, so uploading it is out of the question.

Youtube: Dragon Fantasy II Playthrough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jlDHPFS544&feature=PlayList&p=DFC5466BF7C471EC&index=0

I haven't played much of the game so far but I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! It's very reminescent of old-school RPG's, for sure. I especially like the music. Even if it is ripped, it still sounds very good. There are a few annoying things though, like how it took me a while to figure out where to save (although once I found it I realized it should've been a no-brainer) and the sprites don't look the best on the tileset. I'll leave a better review once I get farther into the game.

This seems nostalgic. I'd check it out, but WINE doesn't handle RM games well.

Despite the old 8-bit feeling, it looks quite appealing to me, except for the third screenshot. The wall and floor seem almost identical.

Hya ha ha! Thank you for giving it a try, Dave! I would be happy if you did only just that! I find that a lot of people are put off by the NES look, you see. Hya.

I'm hoping you'll get back with a bigger, more in-depth view of the game in the future! Hya ha ha! Gah. I love readin' those! >_<

And you! Bluehazard! I...don't have much else to say, really. Ahem. Er, well....yes! The floor and wall do look pretty much the same, don't they? Huh. I didn't find it too bad when I was playing through, but on a screenshot it seems to blend in more.

Wow! Why haven't more people noticed this game yet?

I can honestly say without a doubt this is the most enjoyable game i've played on this site (not that i've played all of them mind :P)

This game is so simple it's impossible not to love it.

*The fuzzy tilesets are awesome, a real throwback to the early Role-playing games i grew up with.
*The music and sound effects perfectly compliment the look and feel of the game.
*The battle system combined with the class system makes it somewhat strategic without the battles dragging on for days.
*There are barely any cutscenes and few long dialogues, meaning you don't have to wait impatiently as some ancient druid drones on about the great wars of whenever between good and evil.. You can choose to look these things up.

Utterly charming and never at any point does it feel monotonous like a lot of other games of the same genre.
It's a perfect 10 in my opinion, i look forward to seeing your next project. :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.