Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DQ Style Wagon

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone was up to writing a script to allow for a Dragon-Quest style Wagon. I have the caterpillar script installed, so based on that it should be possible and maybe even easy for a talented scripter to do.

Here's what the Wagon system from DQ entails:

-Party limit is 4 members
-At a point in the game the player can get the Wagon which allows them to have more than 4 members by storing the other members in the Wagon
-On the actual map a wagon character is created, and the 4 characters walk around it (on above it, one behind it, one beneath it, and the party leader in front of it)
-The player should have a menu option to change party members
-When in towns, the Wagon should not appear
-Some caves/dungeons/etc. allow the wagon to enter, some are too narrow
-If the player enters an area the wagon can't go, they leave it behind until they return or cast a teleport spell (i.e. if they exit from another exit and don't return to where they entered from)
-While the player has the Wagon, they can switch party members in battle with a menu option.
-If a party member dies while the player has the wagon another party member randomly and automatically jumps out of the wagon to take their place (assuming there is another member in the wagon)
-The Wagon goes onto ships with the player

I can provide screen shots, videos, etc. of how it should work, and answer any other questions if someone needs it. If I forgot something, anyone please feel free to add.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.