Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Downfall of SONY

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

The future is not looking good for SONY. The media won't talk about it, but other people do. Funny how the media rips into Nintendo and Microsoft, but when SONY fucks up-- no one says anything. It's swept under the rug quickly. I'm a PC gamer, and I see the bias. I gotta call Sony out.

I'm not going to praise SONY on anything. Sites like IGN, GameSpot, and Gamefaqs does that enough. The media does it enough. I'm tired of the bias. I'm pointing out when SONY fucks up only. Since they have immunity everywhere else.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PS3:
It was an absolute disaster! $600 overprice console. From frame rate problems, to yellow light of death, and it sold horribly. Again Sony is too arrogant to say the fucked up. That was a massive fuck up. The system sold at a loss. 3rd place in that generation. Millions of dollars lost.

Vita:
The Vita got utterly destroyed! No reports on how incredibly bad that failure was from the main media. Such a horrible epic fail. From expensive memory sticks, to no support from its own company. Sony is too arrogant to say the fucked up. They'll never say it. 3DS vaporized it in sales just like the DS vaporized the PSP. Power isn't everything SONY. It's why you keep losing... Just leave portable systems to Nintendo. Don't try to be them. You'll never be them.

PSN hacked:
Remember that? It cost SONY a total of six billion dollars in damages. The media had no choice but to cover it. Shit security, and disgruntled employee. Not a good mix. Sony had to sell off their headquarters and a few divisions to make up for it...

https://youtu.be/FZDbhQ1mzdI <-------------- Top 10 PlayStation fails.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The above is a reminder. Below is current news from 2016.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not backwards compatible
Xbox one has it. Sony rather you buy your old games over again. Their disk drive can't play PS3 games. Xbox one can play 360 games after a small patch. Epic fail SONY.

SONY blocks cross platform online play:
Why in the hell would they do that?! Microsoft said yes to it to unite the gamers. SONY said no. Biggest crime against gamers all around the world. That affected the future of online gaming. SONY WTF. That was win win for the gamers. I still can't understand why. I guess PSN was to shitty to handle it. My opinion of course...

Ghostbusters Flop:
Movie didn't do as well as predicted. $40-$80 million dollar lost for SONY. Face it, the SJW movie sucked.

PSN price increases soon by $10
For an incredible unreliable service, a price increase is a slap in the face. Don't worry SONY fanboys are completely okay with anything SONY does. No matter how bad. Xbox live is cheaper, better, and more secure. Nintendo online is free. It's just retarded to pay a company to use your internet you're already paying for.
To me Xbox live and PSN are completely stupid.

Sony blocks mod support from PS4's:
There will be no mods on the PS4. Officially SONY said no. Well that sucks. Microsoft welcomes mods. Nintendo Wii U games can be modded via SD cards. SONY players are just out of luck.

PS4 slim
Unessasary waste of money. For $100 more you could by a PS4 pro. No added features like the Xbox one S. Just a smaller PS4. Epic fail. Xbox one S is an actual improvement from the original Xbox 1.

https://youtu.be/GNSUgIM30I0

PS4 pro
No Blu-ray player, not native 4K, and people are already disappointed by it. Forced 30 frames per second in online play to prevent players from having an advantage. WTF? That's not a lie. Sadly.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... c5685658b5

https://youtu.be/g-aPg-uBIEc

https://youtu.be/jvvTde5DcN0 people are disappointed in PS4 pro.

XBOX Live is superior to PSN:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-l ... 0-6443469/

PlayStation store is down
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playst ... 0-6443550/

Microsoft fires shots at the PS4 pro. The PS4 pro doesn't have native 4k, a Blu-ray player, or support mods
https://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-t ... 5815.phtml

3013885-4000582024-origi.jpg

An Advanced understanding of SONY

Marketing:
Very 'good' at marketing and lying. Notice when you see a 3rd party game commercial there's only a PlayStation logo at the end saying greatness awaits or plays best on PlayStation. This is lying. A good example is Star Wars battlefront. According to just that commercial alone, clueless people may assume that game was only available on PS4. The game was also available on Xbox one and PC. 'Plays best on PlayStation' would be a lie because that particular game plays best on PC (if you have a powerful PC).

SONY uses deceptive marketing sometimes. The average consumer may not noticed it. SONY is counting on it. Destiny is available for Xbox one. Many didn't even know. Final Fantasy 15 will be on Xbox one as well. No it's not PlayStation exclusive. SONY and their fans create that illusion.

Honestly SONY could sell you your own ass, if you're not careful. So pay attention. Brand recognition is thier strength, but it's fading fast.

SONY Hype:
This company lives off hype. Never buy into it ever. Remember Destiny? That game was the expected to be the 2nd coming of Jesus. Yeah, It didn't turn out like that. Not even close. Street fighter V? SONY time Exclusive from Capcom... Disaster. Not SONY fault, but still... No Man's Sky? An absolute Ultra fail. Don't by into hype dealing with anything around SONY. Just wait and observe first. You'll save yourself a lot of pain. I hate hype coming from any company to be honest. People need to be smart and logical. Think for yourself...

SONY Sale Tactics and Strategy:
Let's take a look at the PS2. "Best console selling console of all time" people say. Perhaps, but primarily because of its non gaming related feature, a cheap DVD player. DvD players were over $500 at the time, and PS2 was $299. Come on now. Everyone and their mother's bought one or three. I didn't. I already had a real DvD player. (The PS2 was the weakest console in that generation in terms of power.)

SONY tried the same the tactic with the PS3 and failed. The PS3 was a very cheap Blu-ray player at $599. Other players were $900 at that time. What went wrong? No one gave a shit about Blu-ray, and America had an economic crisis. Just bad timing. PS3 was a powerful console, but it was defeated by the Nintendo Wii. (A weaker console that relies on a motion control innovation, and it was also a GameCube.)

Overpriced Electronics:
SONY known for high quality products, but a company called Samsung is giving them big trouble. Samsung is hurting SONY so bad in electronics. IE: A Samsung TV would do the same as the SONY TV, and cost $200 or $300 cheaper. It's happening with almost all electronics. That's scary! ...For SONY

Some people are already saying Samsung should buy the PlayStation department. Ironically that department is making SONY the most money. That will never happen anyway because Samsung is a Korean company.

PS4 Success? I wouldn't say that yet.
It's easy to let your opponents fuck up bad and just do the opposite. Microsoft self destructed with Xbox one. NSA spying, DRM, No used games, TV TV TV TV, etc. Microsoft blew up violently! I enjoyed and the memes and GIFs with SONY killing them. I don't like Sony, but that shit was funny as hell:
lPTwl0B.gif
BNTnV3V.gif
6.gif
9.gif

Simple the PS4 did well because Microsoft committed suicide, and Nintendo gave thier system the absolute worst name possible & didn't advertise it. Everyone else decided to be retarded except SONY. They didn't have to do anything really.

PC-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-wii-u.gif

388.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!!
Layoffs at SONY's first party studios:

It's getting worse. An extremely bad month for SONY.
https://youtu.be/-LCc3wGxXL8. <------------ See video for more information.

Updated again.

Jason

Awesome Bro

"PC master race"... you do realise Microsoft make Windows, and I assume you're using a Windows OS on your computer, therefore a Microsoft fan talking shit about Sony because #murica and all that stuff still stands...

Oh well, might as well point something out just to feed the troll, don't want him starving...

For your positioning of last gen, PS3 is second, albeit only just beating the 360 by a million units;

FSrFYY5.png

"No mods on PS4"

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/ps4-mods-f ... ant-555672

"SONY blocks cross platform online play"

Tell that to the people playing Final Fantasy XIV and Rocket League, and maybe read this;

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2430-ff14-d ... -microsoft

Have fun with your imaginary nukes and millions of dollars and whatever else you masturbate to... badly drawn manly looking anime girls or something was it?

Your move sir. :box:

Hybrida":1zfywynm said:
I guess PSN was to shitty to handle it.
You have no idea how likely that is to be the case. If you ever get to see the PSN servers for yourself then you'll be very impressed...Impressed that the thing actually works sometimes. Although Rocket League shows that disallowing cross-platform with MS is probably a business decision. Sony are trying to get their hand in the PC market by publishing and funding some games that are also released on PC.

You should realise that Sony Pictures is a different entity to Sony Computer Entertainment (As is Sony Mobile), so if one of these companies fail then Sony as a brand will still survive. Basically Sony Pictures can't kill Playstation and vice-versa.

Hybrida":1zfywynm said:
People like you are waiting on the main media talk about it
No, people like you are waiting on the main media. I don't look at main media, it's all marketing PR nonsense intended to brainwash sheep into brand loyalties. I get my information from my own eyes and from friends and connections who work with these studios.

Nintendo's stance on modding is a flat out "it's illegal don't do it we'll hate you", so you can't give Nintendo credit for the work of community modders. If you're going to credit community modders, then recognise that there are PS4 game modders as well. Also, look up Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 to see what Sony's old position on mods used to be; it was even better than what Microsoft are allowing now. I also expect that the Fallout 4 situation is more related to the lack of Bethesda curation on the mod content, which has already caused some issues. I think the UE3 mods on PS3 were somewhat curated, but not very well as the console wasn't very popular at the time, nor was the game, so modding didn't take off as much.

Yeah Sony's the worst of the console companies, no doubt, but I don't see any evidence of them fucking up in the scale that means the end of Playstation. All consoles this generation fucked up, and at the start of it Sony fucked up the least which is why PS4 got the lead, but they're all fucking up because they're trying to figure out where consoles sit in the gaming market. Games consoles are not in a good position, PC components are getting cheaper (and rapidly more powerful/power efficient), PC games are cheaper, the casual audience is 100% lost to mobile gaming, Nintendo is the only one innovating (and yet have zero insight into their own audiences), Sony is still trying to jump on bandwagons (Motion controls, VR), Microsoft is now trying to undo its mission to kill PC gaming that was ongoing from 2005 up to 2013 and is attempting to open up its platforms after years of trying to force you into Microsoft's own shitty ecosystem as well as undo the damage that Kinect did (Kinect's audience started off lost to Nintendo, which ended up lost to mobile games - an obvious failure from the start yet MS still attempted it with XBone).

Sony have been funding smaller game studios since the PS4's inception and letting them publish to PC platforms, that was part of the wake-up-call that Microsoft needed to realise they shouldn't have been killing PC gaming (another part of it was Minecraft's success despite being a game made on technologies Microsoft tried to kill - OpenGL/Java). Microsoft killed Lionhead with their mission on cross-platform play and PC/XBone simultaneous release, so they're still cocking up in one way or another.

It's a total shit-show. PC is the cheaper and the more healthy choice for the industry as a whole, but marketing convinced the sheep to spend thousands on their console of choice, believing they're spending only a few hundred and due to strange insecurities about whether the money they spend was actually worth it they spend hours reading articles that tell them their choice was right and the other brand is evil and will be dead in 6 months. And then they get angry about iterative console hardware updates because apparently it invalidates all the reasons they had for buying their console to begin with - which shows they never had faith in their buying choice to begin with so they just threw money at their brand because marketing told them to.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

SONY defense force in full power I see.

Nintendo was worth more than SONY a short time ago. The media said nothing. Click YouTube link below. (I'm not wasting time trying understand the retarded youtube system on this forum. Every other forum does it right, but not here. Fix that shit.)

https://youtu.be/05vYXUUgk6o

SONY got its ass kicked by a free game Nintendo didn't make. LMAO! That was like a taste of what could happen. Pokemon did it alone. Just that one IP did it. No major gaming media reported that shit.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Nah, I just find it amusing how much you care... that's pretty much the only reason I posted, to get a reply from you, because y'know... it's fun :thumb:

You thought I was defending Sony with my post? I thought I was saying how shitty it really is.

And Nintendo's stock value sharp rise and then sharp plummet was reported all over the media. Stock value means nothing for the real health of a games company, I've had someone argue with me that stock means absolutely everything and a company will disappear if their stock has no value.

Doesn't work like that; Nintendo has enough rainy day cash in its shed to survive the ultimate rainy day. Comparing video game company stocks to their competitors is pointless, especially with how volatile share prices are due to being disconnected with the realities of the gaming market.

I mean, the video you linked is completely retarded; Nintendo isn't making any money from Pokemon Go. The guy seems to have made a video for clueless sheep who think the "console wars" is still in full-swing.

If anything, you've made it seem like you spend your time looking for articles and videos with content that aligns with your personal point of view of "Sony is doomed". It's best to be neutral and level headed and actually look for yourself at what's going on and work out the causes behind events and reasons behind decisions.

99.999% of content on games news blogs is worthless (it's either incorrect, talking about absolutely nothing, talking about something so insignificant it might as well be nothing, or talking about news that's 1 month out of date) and the videos you watch come from people who read those blogs.

EDIT: I'm just using this thread to get out my personal anger and frustrations about gamers, games media and game technologies.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

I can rip into Sony for all eternity. It's fun to me...

After the PS1, that was originally a 'Nintendo' console, I gave up on PlayStation.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also all Sony divisions are connected. Music, movies, electronics, and gaming. They affect each other money wise. If one is failing, the other section pays for that failure. It's why PSN costs more. It's to repair damage from that flop called Ghostbusters. Remember SONY allocate money where help is needed.

Hybrida":1xpnfe55 said:
Also all Sony divisions are connected. Music, movies, electronics, and gaming. They affect each other money wise. If one is failing, the other section pays for that failure. It's why PSN costs more. It's to repair damage from that flop called Ghostbusters. Remember SONY allocate money where help is needed.
This is incorrect

They (badly) collaborate sometimes on services (and weird IP related things like the original crappy PS3 logo font???), but they are not connected in operation or finance. If one fails, the others have to watch on.

EDIT:
If you're interested in the Nintendo Playstation there's a two pretty good videos about the leaked prototype hardware
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-CyGXMabg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh91IO9cV48

Jason

Awesome Bro

The Vita itself is a decent handheld and has a great library of games, especially if you're into JRPG's, but sales wise and how Sony are treating it... both abysmal.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Moog don't ever call anyone a troll ever again in your life. You of all people shouldn't comment on that. I observed all your past actions from 2009 til now. Shut your darn mouth. You're more of a troll than I could ever be. All that BS you did. Don't ever... I never forget anything...

Anyway...
Me saying what people don't wanna hear is trolling? Too bad... SONY fucks up a lot. I'm pointing that out, because no else does. All is truth deal with it.

The SONY's credit status is 'junk'. Look it up. The fuck ups are thick this month.

Crapgamer and RedDragon are youtube members who rip SONY's ass on a daily basis. Check those guys out. Truth hurts, and can't be countered. People hates that and label them as trolls. Whatever. I enjoy the truth.

Jason

Awesome Bro

But between me and Xilef we've shown that not everything you've said is the truth anyway...

... Oh well, not even sure why I'm still here, I was hoping to get a better response, this is way too civil!

moog

Sponsor

Moog don't ever call anyone a troll ever again in your life. You of all people shouldn't comment on that. I observed all your past actions from 2009 til now. Shut your darn mouth. You're more of a troll than I could ever be. All that BS you did. Don't ever... I never forget anything..

LMAO

moog

Sponsor

I mean Hybrida I never said I didn't like you dude. You're actually pretty chill and are friendly, especially when we honestly didn't get along (I'm very sorry for trolling you years ago bro, honest) and you still were friendly when I returned to hbgames. Honestly you can believe it or not, I'm busy working full time like you but as a teacher, so I honestly dont have time to troll anymore

Now my original comment, this post seems like a troll bait. But if not. Carry on dude. Still don't agree with a good bit of your points.

See, I didn't treat you like a troll. I gave you a legitimate response bro

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.